Saturday, January 8, 2011

Parasite of Mortrex WIP: Rippler Bug+Ravener


And a little Mawloc tongue for extra gribbly...   pre-green stuff yet, but I think it has potential.   I had my doubts about using the rippler, but found one for a few bucks on Ebay and decided to give it a whirl.  I'll almost definitely pull off the wings (haha) and replace them with at least one pair, maybe two, of gargoyle wings, rather like Eldar Addict's (probably my favorite Parasite conversion).  I tried using ravener talons and warrior/ravener rending claws, and even tried Mawloc talons, but none really looked as much like the Parasite's talons in the codex drawing as the rippler bug's.

Here's a few more pics:
Ravener face spliced into the Rippler Bug head:
Some pictures of the mawloc tongue grafted onto the ravener tail:

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Gribbly, yet strangely graceful. I like.

    While I do like the wings, I can see why you'd want to change them; they're a bit too 'buggy' for a race that's technically more space dinosaurs with some insectoid characteristics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the bug wings just seem odd. Maybe it is the bare plastic. If you are not in a rush Maxmini.eu has some wings coming out soon, I am planning to use them for my Shrikes...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/Przemas_MMA/smallwingssize.jpg

    ReplyDelete